VST 3 Alternatives?? Any Plugin Suites??

SO, I’ve started using Reaper only for multitracking and the fact that I can use VST 3 plugins in there -If it weren’t for these TWO things, I would never have started using Reaper in the first place…

Audacity’s onboard plugins are not the most fantastic. I’ve become accustomed to a couple of the VST3 plugins I’ve got in Reaper, but I’m wondering: Is there any bank of Audacity compatible plugins that would be comparable to some of the VST 3’s? Some of them I’ve come to be pretty reliant on for my productions, but I’m open to using alternatives if they are of comparable quality. Is there just some big data bank of, oh, I dunno -Nyquist plugins? Whatever other kinds that I might not know of??

I’d like to just have to use Reaper for Tracking drums (14+ mics simultaneously -Another thing Audacity can’t do…) and not for any mixing/ editing tasks if possible -That way I wouldn’t have to do back and forth as much…

Thanks.

ToneBoosters V3 plugin pack is free &, IMO, worth the effort of downloading … https://youtu.be/5fffEP5-N5o
They work in Audacity … Free (v3) ToneBooster's plugins
V3 are 64-bit only, (V2 are 32-bit).

Appreciate it! Will do!

In my opinion, as I’m sure you saw in my other post that you just responded to, Audacity still has a ways to go before it can be used as a stand alone DAW, but this is getting it closer for me… I use Audacity for absolutely whatever I can. I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or not, but I just find it Sooo much better to work with than any other DAW -Have tried Reaper, Waveform, Studio One and Cakewalk… I just love Audacity for some reason!!

If you want a stand-alone DAW, there are plenty to choose from:
Reaper, Logic Pro, ProTools, Cubase, Sonar, Cakewalk, BandLab, Traktion, Ableton, Studio One, Ardour, MixBus, LMMS, Ohm Studio, Qtractor, and many more.

The list of “audio editors” is much smaller. As far as I’m aware, the list for open source and cross-platform audio editors that support multiple tracks is a list of 1: Audacity.

Personally I hope that Audacity continues to be the excellent, open source, cross-platform, multi-track audio editor that it was intended to be, though I think there’s a risk that it may end up as “yet another DAW”.

And none of those DAWS can do what Audacity does as seamlessly and easily. I, personally, hope that Audacity continues to be excellent with just a FEW MORE features. Seems to me that it’s trying to be that way with the recent integration of VST 3 plugins and other aspects that seem to mimic the laundry list of DAWS you mentioned.

I don’t think there’s much risk of Audacity becoming “yet Another DAW”. I think there’s risk of it becoming THE DAW…

In any regard: Which of the aforementioned, in your opinion, is most similar to Audacity workflow/ simplicity-wise?? have tried Cakewalk, Traction Waveform, Studio One and Reaper -Least favorite of them all would probably have to be Reaper. Definitely find it the most convoluted. Cakewalk would probably win it for me?? Although, I don’t find that the most enjoyable, either… Also, to me knowledge, LLMS would not be considered a “Stand alone daw” as it can’t record audio -Unless they’ve changed that since?

Also, while we’re on the topic -Would there be any foreseeable complications with doing some work in Audacity and some work in another DAW which does the few things I’m unable to do in Audacity?? For example, I rather LOVE the rhythm track maker in Audacity much more so than other DAWS. I like to make all my clicks in Audacity and then fly those tracks into Reaper to track along to (drums 14+ microphones) and then (I’ll need to) fly those tracks into Cakewalk to do some beat re-aligning and such… My only worry is that things might not line up -Like there might be some places such as at the end of sections where time signatures change where things might become slightly off with the grid because of all the moving around or certain processing, or whatever? I mean, 76 bpm in one Daw should be exactly the same as 76 bpm in another daw, but I’m just trying to think ahead, here…

Thanks for all that you and the staff do.

Much appreciated, Steve.

Probably the simplest DAW is Garage Band, but that’s Mac only.