Pitch changes and saving same

Have been using audacity 2.1.3 for about 1 year. no problems. Until recently. When I make a pitch change from an imported song and then export it back to the Windows playlist, it reverts back to the original key it was imported to Audacity as. Tried several times and with several songs having the same results. What is going on? How do I remedy this problem.

Exactly what effect/control are you using. There is a [u]playback speed slider[/u] and that only changes the speed in temporarily in Audacity without affecting the file when you export.

The [u]Change Pitch Effect[/u] won’t undo itself automatically, so if that doesn’t seem to be “saving” you are probably playing the old version of the file. Try exporting to a new/different file name so you’re sure you are playing the new version.

I’m using change pitch under the effect tab.
I have saved it to many places thinking along the same line as you. It plays in the new pitch the first time, then reverts back to the old pitch the next time I play it… I have even deleted the old song in the old pitch thinking it would not confuse the program, but it still happens. Again this is a new issue that has just started recently. Never had this problem before.

I think I should uninstall and reinstall. How do I do that ?

Use the Manage button in the effect and save the preset - then you can restore that named pre-set any time you use the effect.

WC

ok but my issue is not within Audacity. It is at the other end of the export in windows. I’m exporting to Windows where I have playlists for instrumentals - thus the need for the pitch change. I uninstalled Audacity and re downloaded. And I’m still having the same problem. I have gone back to the manual to see if I am missing something in the save process. This is maddening.

Hi, I’m having the same problem, did you find a solution?

Try using an audio player that is not “Windows Media Player” or “iTunes”. For example, try Foobar2000 : https://www.foobar2000.org/