Is there a way to repair a corrupted AUP3 file?

Hi Jademan,
It works great! thank you so much :slight_smile:

Anna, I’m glad to hear that worked for you. Thanks for the word. :smiley:

Hi guys, I’m working on a podcast with a friend of mine, and we have been working on an episode today. I later decided to work on the file a bit and applied a few effects to make it sound better (compressor, normalization, noise reduction and 2 equalization filters), I work with windows 11 (that may be the cause of the issue). I saved more than once throughout the process and now I can’t access the file anymore because it’s corrupted, is there any way you can help me, even by checking the file? If you could recover it, it would be great. If it’s unrepairable we’ll have to deal with it.
Thanks in advance.
Alessandro B.

Possibly not.

OK, well I can do that. :wink: So zip up your .aup3 file, upload it to a file sharing service and post (or PM me) a link. I’ll take a look at it.

Thank you man! While the file is being compressed I leave you the error message I previously got:

{
“timestamp”: 1636895033,
“event_id”: “37eb2c37904ed245966576554282e4d5”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.1.1”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Windows”,
“version”: “10.0.22000”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “File_Error”,
“value”: “Audacity failed to read from a file in .”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.rc”: “11”,
“sqlite3.context”: “SqliteSampleBlock::Load::step”
}
}
}
]
}
}
The os says windows 10 but I’m actually running windows 11

Here is the link to the folder where the file resides.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-MCV2rpuY7E5MMFlQYJhZvF5z5v6K8_L?usp=sharing

Thank you so much for your help.
Let me know what you find out!
Alessandro B.

You will need to provide access/permission…

You should now have the premissions you require

Got it.

Sorry, I was only able to recover the left track. :slight_smile:

I have uploaded it and sent you the link via PM.

Hi jade! That’s false! From what I listened so far you were able to recover the entire track!
Thank you so much for the effort you put into it!
I wanted to ask if you could give me a piece of advice to avoid this to happen in the future (apart from keeping a double copy of my file at all times). Is the company working on some update to fix the issues? Because from what I can infer the problem is due to the effects you end up applying to the file right?
Let me know, thanks again for your support
Alessandro B.

I’m happy that you are happy with the result. :smiley: Note that the original project you sent was stereo, so everything was duplicated. I was only able to recover the left channel from your recording. What I sent back to you was a mono track, panned to the left. If nothing else, you will want to pan it to the center. See: Tracks Menu: Pan

I would like to, and I have my own ideas, but the truth is I do not know. Anything I offered would only be speculation and there are others here better equipped to do this. :smiley:

Hi All,

I’ve encountered a similar issue. Space was a concern so while working on my project I used the save project function and saved to a MicroSD card. I find that when I try and access the MicroSD card, I receive a similar message pointing to SQLlite. I guess I don’t work as quickly as I’d like to, and it took me some time to edit an hour and a half down into 30 usable minutes. This did mean putting the computer to sleep several times and waking it up. I now see that the correct action should have been to create and monitor a backup of the project. Still, I was wondering if you’d be able to give a shot on recovery. I’m actually using Windows 11, and I realize it may have been an attempt at cloning your software as the application claimed it was the windows 11 edition of Audiotronic, not the audacity I’ve used for years. If I have to start over, so it goes. If this is still something you’d like to take a crack at, I’d be grateful. But this was really nice to see a supported forum monitored and attempts made.

:ugeek: Have you asked the Audiotronic support staff for help? :ugeek:

I have some tools I can used for damaged Audacity files. I have no idea if they will work on Audiotronic files. In any case, if you promise to kiss Audiotronic goodbye (BTW, I’ll need this in writing :wink: ), I’ll take a look to see what there is to see.

After you make your promise, If you care to zip up your .aup3 project file and upload it to a public file sharing service, then post (or PM me) a link, I’ll take a look at it.

Note that it is the end of the day here and I have a busy morning scheduled, so it will be a while before I can get to it.

Hi There,

I’m offended that audiotronic claimed it was the optimized version of Audacity. Nothing ‘out there’ but Audacity is just the gold standard, fool me once I guess… Thank you for the generous offer. I’ll be uploading a zip to my google drive later today. I have fixed my mistake moving forward at least…

You could leave them a review of “their” product (and their lack of support).

I notice that they are also quite misleading about FFmpeg.
They say:

with a fully integrated and > commercially licensed FFmpeg® > extension pack.

whereas FFmpeg say (FFmpeg License and Legal Considerations):

FFmpeg is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) version 2.1 or later. However, FFmpeg incorporates several optional parts and optimizations that are covered by the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later. If those parts get used the GPL applies to all of FFmpeg.

Read the license texts to learn how this affects programs built on top of FFmpeg or reusing FFmpeg. You may also wish to have a look at the GPL FAQ.

Note that FFmpeg is not available under any other licensing terms, especially not proprietary/commercial ones, not even in exchange for payment.

(emphasis mine)

with a fully integrated and commercially licensed FFmpeg® extension pack.

Note that FFmpeg is not available under any other licensing terms, especially not proprietary/commercial ones, not even in exchange for payment.

I think the FFmpeg team should be made aware of this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BZm06tXOzxBfcZdIMzKszwNyDyQhFAhY/view?usp=sharing that’s my corrupted uh… 30 minutes of audio.

I have a recovered version of your file. It is currently uploading, but due to the size of the file, this will take a long time. I’ll post a link after it finishes - don’t expect anything before tomorrow.

Having recovering anything, I am extremely grateful. No time crunch here. Thank you so much!