Is Spectral Matching for Automatic EQ Adjustment Possible in Audacity?

Hello Audacity Community,
I’m curious about the possibility of importing a frequency spectrum from one track to automatically adjust the equalizer settings on another track. Is there a feature or plugin within Audacity that allows for this kind of spectral matching or automatic EQ adjustment based on an imported spectrum?
Thank you for your assistance!
A.P.

There was a plugin for Audcaity2 which enabled EQ-matching, but it does not work in Audcaity3. :frowning_face:

There are store-bought EQ-Matching plugins which work in Audcaity3,
e.g. the “Gentleman’s Edition” of TDR Nova (smart operations), Try B4 U Buy.

The interesting thing is that in Audacity, from the spectrum analysis, you have the ability to export the coordinates of Frequency (Hz) and Level (dB) to a text file. However, it’s not possible to load the same coordinates into the equalizer because the format is not a valid combination file. It’s frustrating! Is there any converter available? Thank you.

SpectrumToEqCurve.ny (2.5 KB)" was such a converter plugin,
but it does not work in Audcaity3,
[ It does work with Audcaity2 … Old Audacity versions download ]

I downloaded Audacity 2 and the Spectrum plugin. I installed the first one, but it doesn’t recognize the second one. Oh well! I give up. Thank you, though, for responding.

In Windows the “SpectrumToEqCurve.ny” goes into the hidden Audacity plugin folder …

C:\Users\<username>\Appdata\Roaming\audacity\Plug-ins\

s2eq-c,

Then you have to enable it in the plugin manager

then restart Audacity, then it appears in the Analyze menu …
analyze

Thank you, I managed to do it, but I don’t understand how to use it. If there’s a tutorial, I would be grateful if you could send me the link. Thanks again.

Here’s my take on how to use Steve’s “SpectrumToEqCurve.ny” plugin …

[ The plugin generates “.XML” files which can be imported into Audacity’s equalizer ].

if you want track X to sound like track Y …
Step#1 obtain a equalization-curve for track X using Steve’s “SpectrumToEqCurve.ny” plugin,
invert that equalization-curve in the equalizer, then apply that inverted equalization-curve to track X so it then has a flat frequency-response.
Step#2 obtain a equalization curve for track Y , and apply it to the flattened version of track X

Thank you very much for the time you spent answering me, but I found this system too convoluted.
I opted for a simpler and more immediate alternative that allows me to clone the spectrum using the “Equalizer Match” option. I would have preferred something more user-friendly to use with Audacity, but I’m satisfied with this program called ‘AudioDirector 365’. (I purchased the license for one year.)
A.P.