Internal Mic Not Working

Internal Mic not working. Audacity 2.33 Mac 10.15.3 OS
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.44.59 PM.png
…I have about 4 hours on this. Mic not coming up on Privacy Mic Settings. No sound being recorded in Audacity but mic works on other programs. I did something in the Terminal app a month ago trying to fix this and am not sure what I did but do not remember anything changing. My email is matt@chute.name if you want to communicate with me offline. Can record using SoundFlower on Audacity. Tried older versions of Audacity. There’s a long list of things I have tried.
Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.44.59 PM.png

Please see: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/audacity-2-3-3-under-macos-10-15-catalina/54279/1

WC

Thank you for posting a workaround which has worked for me the difficulty of remembering the command and the process when using the app sporadically makes this work around a massive pain in the ass it is my hope that the next edition of audacity has fix thisThe problem in general sounds like apple engineers making it difficult for small developers to keep up with the constant barrage of changes

Glad the workaround works for you.

The next release of Audacity 2.4.0 hopefully enf March will fix this - I have been QA testing the alpha builds.

The problem is not actually an Audacity one - but one of Apple’s making, erecting ever higher border fences around macOS

WC