When I want to export my MIDI file to WAV, all options are grayed out, except export MIDI. I have read all the posts on this subject, but nothing works: I have selected the area that I want to export, the reading is indeed stopped and not only paused.
Please help me, there must be something I didn’t see.
Excellent question. So as it turns out, Audacity has extremely limited MIDI capabilities. Converting a MIDI file to audio is something Audacity cannot do.
May I suggest doing a Google search “convert MIDI to WAV”?
Now here’s a workaround for you.
- launch Audacitty
- Import the MIDI file
- set the host to be WASAPI and the recording device to be loopback - in the device toolbar or in Devices preferences
- Ensure Play other tracks while recording (overdub) is on in Recording preferences
- Move cursor tp T=0#
- Press Record
- Press Stop whe the MIDI file finishes
- delete the MIDI track (this is probably optional)
- Export the recorded track.
P.S. To make this process simpler I did log this Feature Request a while back#
Render MIDI tracks to audio #2393