English grammar errors in Help Contents

The Help Contents has several English grammar errors. May I contribute by editing them?

Of course you may, although I believe that the manual editing guidelines specify that it should be written in American and not English.

If you send an e-mail to Gale Andrews I’m sure he will be happy to advise. His e-mail address is available here: http://audacityteam.org/manual/index.php?title=Main_Page

English is American. You’re thinking British. :laughing:

No … I’m casting my mind back to an episode of The Simpsons where Homer doesn’t want to go to English classes at school, and states “What do I want to learn English for - I’m never going to go to England …” :wink:

WC

Are you pissed?

No, I haven’t had a drink all week, but I am peckish.

What.

So now we get to argue not about whether to split an infinitive, but where and how deeply.

Koz

No, no, no - split infinitives are fine by me (and by The Guardian’s Style Guide too).

To Boldly Go… (it’s just not at all the same if you don’t split the infinive)

Though I did get into trouble when I first visited the US many years agowhen I told a friend that I would “come round and knock her up in the morning” - meaning in all innocence that I would knock on her door to take her out … these trans-Atlantic language differences can be tricky …

WC