Can't record from USB interface after upgrade to Mojave

Hi Thanks Steve for the quick response.
As I said previously, In sound on my Mac system preferences I see The USB Device In both Input and Output and they are selected and I also see signal on input volume, As you can see by the attachment.
Also as I pointed out Logic Pro X is able to access the USB Interfaces fine in both input and output. And the LED does blink with the microphone input.
So you can see why from my limited vantage point and expertise that I think it is a software bug of some sort.
I was hoping it was related to 64bit and 32bit processing associated with Mojave.
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.23.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-03 at 9.18.28 AM.png

but if you click on the recording meter in Audacity, no signal shows in the Audacity meter?

OMG
Now it is working. I do see the VU meter and am now able to record.
Perhaps during the last power cycle it gave up giving me grief and decided to work.
Honestly, it was not working all along.
It just started working now.
Sorry

I believe you, and I’m very pleased to hear that it is now working.
I’ll leave this topic open, so if you happen to discover what fixed it, please let us know.

Thanks for all your hard and timely efforts
Now I plan to set Logic Pro X aside go back to audacity.
It has become a good friend.
I know this must sound nuts to some folks.
Stay safe

Hey,

I’m having a similar issue. Did you happen to find out what fixed it for you?

Cheers

I have a Blue USB Audio 2.0 microphone that I use to record on Audacity and I recently upgraded to Mojave 10.14.2. I tried the solution referred to in the locked forum - I gave Audacity access to my microphone - and it still will not record. I have everything backed up so I am thinking of going back to OS 10.13 but this new OS has some features that kind of like so I would rather not do that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? I do a pre-recorded online radio show once or twice a month so if this can’t be fixed it is a show-stopper.

Thank you.

Have you given Audacity permission to access the microphone? (See: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/no-signal-from-usb-turntable-mojave-solved/50763/6)

As it turns out the problem was with my microphone. It doesn’t work on anything. I’ve got a new one on order so hopefully that will alleviate the problem.

Had to take my MacBookPro to the Apple Store and have it downgraded from Mojave to Sierra in order for Audacity to work on my computer. Accidentally updated to Mojave today. Seems as if Audacity is still working. Has Audacity updated so that it is now compatible with Mojave?
If not, I have a huge problem on my hands as a voice actor.

Well I’ve been running Audacity released and alpha test versions (and old versions for QA testing) on my MacbookPro with various versions of macOS 10.14.x Mojave - with no problems.

WC

Audacity 2.3.2 is a 64-bit app now and the Mac should stop complaining at you.

That’s not to say you can’t have other problems.

Koz

I have a huge problem on my hands as a voice actor.

Maybe a different problem than you think. What provision do you have if the Mac goes into the mud and doesn’t come back?

Koz