Best way to install 2.1.3

Glad to see this long-awaited update. I have 2.1.2 installed with a mix of 2.1.3 alpha build files, and with custom shortcut keys defined.

What’s the best route to get 2.1.3 running? Install in a separate folder? I’d rather not install over 2.1.2 right now, just in case.

Thanks,

-Ed

In which case I’d install it to a separate folder - as a QA tester I have many many folders with Audacity versions (going all the way back to 0.8 and 0.98b).

All work fine - but only one instance can be run at a time - so only one version at a time.

WC

Ok, it’s installed in Audacity 2.1.3´ folder. Also copied the lame_enc.dll file into Plug-Ins´ and made a folder `ffmpeg´ and populated that from the Zip. Seems the custom hotkeys are working just fine. Looks like it’s all set to go.

In a few days or weeks, I’d like to Uninstall 2.1.2 with alpha components (not beta) and Reinstall official 2.1.2 release.

Question: Just reinstall 2.1.2 in the original folder and forget about uninstalling? what about custom settings?

Thanks,

-Ed

What does that mean? Are you running 2.1.2 out of a folder that also contains Audacity 1.3.?

Gale

Your settings are in Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Audacity\audacity.cfg. Those settings don’t change unless you delete audacity.cfg or reinstall Audacity with “Reset Preferences” enabled.

There is no need to uninstall before installing into the same folder.

Gale

I have 2.1.2 in **Program Files (x86)** \ **Audacity**´ folder with 2.1.3 alpha files.. and now running 2.1.3 out of Program Files (x86) \ Audacity 2.1.3´ folder.

Thanks,

-Ed

If you want to keep both 2.1.3 release and 2.1.2 release for now, I would clean up that 2.1.2 folder by installing 2.1.2 into it: Audacity download latest version.

Gale

Everything is working ok with 2.1.3 so far (I think) and I’m intending to uninstall 2.1.2 which is in a separate folder.

However only 2.1.3 shows up Programs and Features. How best to uninstall 2.1.2?

-Ed

Run “unins000.exe” in the 2.1.2 folder.

Gale