Auto-Tune Pro

Hi Audacity

I am currently using Windows 10 and the latest version of Audacity which is 3.0.2.0. I wanted to ask if Audacity can make its DAW compatible with Antarestech to provide users of Audacity with the ability to access and use Auto-Tune Pro. Auto-Tune Pro is currently not compatible with the latest version of Audacity and I think it would be a great idea to allow Audacity to become compatible with Auto-Tune Pro because this will allow users of Audacity to create unique vocal effects and tracks by using Auto-Tune Pro as a third-party plugin/vst while being able to still use Audacity as their main DAW and vocal recording software. By including Auto-Tune Pro to Audacity, Audacity will become one of the leading DAW’s and vocal recording softwares on the market because of Audacity’s easy to use interface and multiple vocal effects, plugins, and vsts that can transform your voice and vocals into whatever you want them to be by creating a new and unique sound that is all generated and powered by Audacity.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Traditionally, it’s up to the plug-in developer to make the plug-in compatible with the host. There are thousands of plug-ins and only a few hosts. You can’t expect the DAW/host developer to test & debug every plug-in.

Audacity for Windows is a 32-bit application so it doesn’t work with 64-bit plug-ins and it doesn’t support VST-3. Someday, Audacity will be 64-bits (The OS-X version is already 64-bits). I don’t know what the VST-3 situation is.

I’ve always assumed that most commercial plug-in developers don’t officially support Audacity because most Audacity users probably don’t want to pay for plug-ins to use with free software.

Audacity will become one of the leading DAW’s

Personally, I don’t consider Audacity to be a “DAW”, and the home page calls it an “Audio Editor”. It’s one of the top open source applications I’d guess Audacity is more widely used than all of the DAWs combined…

Hi

I totally agree with you. Is there a way to test the Auto-Tune Pro plugin with Audacity to see if it may be compatible with the latest version of Audacity? Do you think contacting Anterestech about this issue will help ?

The [u]Anatras Support Page[/u] says “not compatible”. (Plus, it is VST-3 and 64-bits so it can’t work unless Audacity is updated.)

Hi

Thank you for your response hopefully Audacity can update so that it can become compatible with Auto-Tune Pro

It is hoped that the next release of Audacity will include support for 64-bit plugins. In fact Audacity 3.0.3 RC2 is available now for testing only: https://www.fosshub.com/Audacity-devel.html

Note: do not use this release candidate for production work.

Hi

Would I be able to test and see if Auto-Tune Pro would work on Audacity 3.0.3 RC2 ?

Thank you for your time.

I doubt that it will work as AutoTune Pro appears to only be available as either AAX or VST3. Audacity does not yet support VST3, and AAX is just for ProTools.

Hi

Thank you for your response. Hopefully Audacity will one day be able to support VST3.

Hi

I wanted to find out if Auto-Tune Pro Unlimited would work on Audacity 3.0.4.0 I have the 64-bit version of Audacity 3.0.4.0 running on Windows 10. Is this new version able to support VST3?

Thank you for your time.

Cakewalk is the only free DAW I am aware of which is compatible with VST3 …
https://www.soundonsound.com/news/sonar-now-free-renamed-cakewalk-bandlab

Hi

I know a few DAW’s that are compatible with VST3. Audacity is not a DAW though but I was wondering if Audacity is compatible with VST3. I was also hoping to work with someone on compiling Audacity on Windows so that Auto-Tune Pro Unlimited can be compatible with Audacity.

Thank you for your time.

To do this, you could perhaps say what you just said here, on the discord channel #windows: Discord

Nope … Missing features - Audacity Support

Maybe a standalone VST host, with the output recorded by Audacity may suffice.

Hi

What do you think the best solution would be to get Auto-Tune Pro to be compatible with Audacity 3.0.4.0? I am thinking of compiling Audacity on Windows 10 to get the VST3 to work on Audacity 3.0.4.0 I may need some help with that though if anyone would be interested in helping me.

Thank you for your time.

That will require a lot of work by an expert C++ developer.

Hi
I’d like to find out how I can make Auto-Tune Pro VST 3 be compatible on Audacity 3.1.3 64 bit version on windows 10. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

Auto-Tune Pro VST 3 is still not compatible with Audacity.
The next version of Audacity (3.2.0) gets VST3 support, so there’s a chance that Auto-Tune Pro VST 3 “may” work in Audacity 3.2.0.

Hi Steve

Thank you for letting me know! Do you know when Audacity 3.2.0 will be released?

Thank you for your time.

This post from yesterday suggests the developers are targeting September: https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/what-to-expect-in-audacity-3-2/65221/1