Audacity failed to read from a file in /<path>

Hello,

I tried to open the Audacity file today that I have been working on for several days now, and it didn’t open this morning. The only thing I can think of is the file size increased when I versioned up. It went from 2.82 gigs to 3.74gigs, but I don’t think should be a problem because I have more than enough space. I have over 500gb left on storage. I can open the previous 19 versions but not the most recent 20th version. I also updated to the latest Audacity version today. I’ve searched the forum but they don’t give a solution to MAC file errors.
My OS is Ventura 13.1
Here is my file error Problem Details:
{
“timestamp”: 1681501864,
“event_id”: “d27a8b5f176e44cd94757da1069bd55d”,
“platform”: “native”,
“release”: “audacity@3.2.5”,
“contexts”: {
“os”: {
“type”: “os”,
“name”: “Macintosh”,
“version”: “10.16.0”
}
},
“exception”: {
“values”: [
{
“type”: “File_Error”,
“value”: “Audacity failed to read from a file in /.”,
“mechanism”: {
“type”: “runtime_error”,
“handled”: false,
“data”: {
“sqlite3.rc”: “101”,
“sqlite3.context”: “SqliteSampleBlock::Load::step”
}
}
}
]
}
}

Any ideas and thank you?

See: Audacity failed to read from a file in C:

jademan, thank you for you response. I don’t know code to well, but I’ll give it a shot.

Were you trying to open a file from File > Recent Files?

No, I was opening it directly from the folder on the desktop of my Mac.

Per jademan’s post, it appears the file is corrupted. The file is probably gone.

Actually, people using the recovery tool have been having a good chance of a successful recovery. So change that to “probably recoverable”.

I wonder if people using Mac computers are being able to recover their corrupted files also.
It seems like I need to install a C++ compiler and then run the
“$ audacity-project-tools -recover” line.

Yes. Well, actually I don’t think that is going to work. I don’t believe the tool runs under MacOS at all.

So the way this is done is to find a good friend with a Windows computer and let them help you. I used to help MacOS users a while ago, but I am not doing that anymore. :frowning_face: There is/was a gguzman over at Audacity who might be able to help you out if you ask nicely. Otherwise it is your Windows friend. :grinning:

jademan, thank you for your answers. It seems like it was going to take me just as long, so I redid the work I lost. If it happens again, I now know to find a friend :smile: I really appreciate your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.