I have a project with multiple layers and a label track at the bottom. I try to time-shift the top layer after making a cut in the track, and as soon as I click the track to time shift, the program crashes.
Version of Audacity is 2.3.1
Running OSX Capitan 10.11.4
Anyone else having problems of the program crashing when trying to time-shift? Will this be corrected in a future release?
I cannot reproduce this on W10 with 2.3.1 and the latest 2.3.2 alpha test build
I can’t reproduce the problem either. Does it happen with just one specific project, or all Audacity projects?
Currently it is happening on one particular project and may be due to amount of tracks, or use of label track, or who knows what… Should I share a screenshot?
How many tracks?
That would be easy to test:
- Save the project with a new name.
- Save and close your current project.
- Open the copy.
- Check to see if the problem still occurs with the copy. If it does, continue these steps.
- Delete the label track. Does the problem still occur? If it does, continue these steps.
- One at a time, delete a track, and test if the problem still occurs. If you find that after deleting one of the tracks that the problem disappears:
- Close the project and reopen it (the copy).
- Delete only the “bad” track, and test.