Audacity quit unexpectedly

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Mac OS X 10.4 and later.
Please state which version of macOS you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Audacity menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Re: Audacity quit unexpectedly

Permanent link to this post Posted by bcnx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:47 pm

yes, that was exactly what happened. The system runs quite good actually, the only thing going on is that some applications do not run. A lot of them are (by coincidence?) open source applications from Sourceforge, but some are also by Apple itself, like Xcode.

oops, that will the end of an era then.
I have a regular Mac, but what frustrates me is that lack of freedom to choose your own hardware (which is needed for a studio computer) and also the price. I get that they want to offer the best stability and they succeed in doing so if you compare to Windows, but it's policy is limiting.

BC
bcnx

Operating System: OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later (macOS)

Permanent link to this post Posted by bcnx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:17 pm

So I noticed that 2.2.1 came out. I installed that version, but that did not unfortunately,

BC
bcnx

Permanent link to this post Posted by bcnx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:37 pm

This is maybe interesting: when I launch Audacity from a terminal (after having deleted everything Audacity related), I get:

iMac:MacOS bcnx$ ./Audacity
18:35:29: Error: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Users/bcnx/Library/Application Support/audacity.cfg' (error 2: No such file or directory)
18:35:29: Error: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Users/bcnx/Library/Application Support/pluginregistry.cfg' (error 2: No such file or directory)
18:35:29: Error: Impossible to get permissions for file '/Users/bcnx/Library/Application Support/pluginsettings.cfg' (error 2: No such file or directory)

BC
bcnx

Permanent link to this post Posted by bcnx » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 pm

Hi,

for posterity: I installed Audacity by means of Macports. This is the 2.2.0 version, but at least it works!

BC
bcnx

Previous

Return to Mac OS X