Why can't I enable iZotope vinyl to Audacity 2.4.2 running on my Windows 10 laptop?"

Downloaded iZotope Vinyl plug in for Audacity 2.4.2 running on my Windows 10 laptop. When I go to Effects>Add/Remove Plug-Ins, the iZotope files appear as “New”, but after I click to enable them, then click OK, I receive the error message: Effect or Command at C:\Program Files(x86)\Audacity\plug-ins\Steinberg\VstPlugins\iZVinyl.dll failed to register: could not load the library.

Any known fixes for this?

I don’t know if any versions of iZotope Vinyl work with Audacity (I use Linux), but the iZotope website says:

System Requirements

Operating Systems:
Mac: macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra – macOS 11 Big Sur
PC: Win 8–Win 10

Plugin Formats:
AAX (64–bit), AU, VST2, VST3

Supported Hosts:
Logic Pro X, Live 9.7–10, Cubase 9.5–10.5, Pro Tools 12–2020, FL Studio 20, Studio One 5, REAPER 6, Reason 11, Bitwig Studio 3, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Digital Performer 10

(Note that Audacity is NOT included in the list of supported host apps.)

It’s because Audacity is a 32-bit app and the iZotope Vinyl plug-in is now 64-bit.

If you contact iZotope through their website they can still supply the old 32-bit version - they did this for another Forum poster recently.

And I know it works as I have it on my PC with Audacity - it’s a fun plug-in

Peter.

Free 32-bit alternatives which work in Audacity on Windows … https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/adding-a-warped-vinyl-effect/59472/2