Blue Yeti Microphone Mute Button

I just purchased a Blue Yeti from Fry’s and it is functioning perfectly.

However, I noticed when I press the mute button, it always doesn’t have a consistent response when I turn it on and off. I might have to press it twice or more occasionally. Though it is not a major problem, it really bugs me. Has anyone else that has the same product as I encounter this? I want to know if this is a common thing for the blue yeti microphones. I am deciding if I should return it and get a different one.

I have no experiences with a Yeti, but I’ve used a snowball and that’s always done exactly what it’s supposed to do. I would try a different USB cable before I took it back.

Koz

Thank you for the reply, I use the USB that came with it. You are probably right.

I am deciding if I should return it and get a different one.

A different Yeti, or a different microphone altogether? I don’t own a Yeti, but it has a very impressive set of features… Built-in zero-latency monitoring, an analog gain control, multiple patterns including stereo. If I were in the market for a USB mic, I’d probably buy the Yeti.

Blue makes a lot of weird looking mics, and that kind-of turns me off to the company, but the features of the Yeti make it interesting.

Didn’t know if i should make a new thread or post in this one. I also had the same issue and thought my mic was messed up. i exchanged it and had the same issue. Im guessing all of them do it.

The Yeti microphone is not a gift from the angels. It has a very attractive feature set, but it got the very attractive price by not including anything that wasn’t absolutely necessary for a majority of users. Many people use a Yeti perfectly every day, but many people post on the forum with strange, low-volume whining noises. This is the “Yeti Curse” and comes from poor power processing, power processing not needed with most computers…but not all.

People with the curse can’t use a Yeti with their computer.

Google the MUTE problem. If your Yeti does everything else OK, you win.

Koz

to me this just sounds like you’ve just been unlucky and picked up a faulty yeti, a friend of mine has one and he’s never had any issues with it far as im aware