Xenyx 502 Mixer not working with Audacity

I’m using my HP All In One PC and I’m running Windows 10, along with a Behringer Xenyx 502 Mixer. I’m using this - along with Audacity - to produce a podcast. Following Behringer’s instructions online, I have hooked everything up. The mic is plugged directly into the mixer, along with headphones. My recording in/mic and recording out settings are both set to USB Audio CODEC. Everything is where it should be. However, when I press record in Audacity, its’ not picking anything up. No sound is coming through at all. For the life of me I can’t figure out what’s wrong. Earlier it was working with the audio going directly from the computer’s mic and also a different USB mic into Audacity.

Please Help

The mic is plugged directly into the mixer, along with headphones. My recording in/mic and recording out settings are both set to USB Audio CODEC.

That’s all correct…

Are the LED meters on the mixer showing a signal? Are you hearing anything through the headphones?

What microphone do you have? I assume it’s a stage or studio mic with an XLR connector? (Don’t use a “computer mic” with a mixer or audio interface.) If you have a studio condenser mic make sure phantom power is on. (Looking at the user manual online, I don’t see a phantom power switch but there is a “48V” LED.

Right-click the Windows speaker/volume icon. Select Open Sound Settings and then select the USB device as your Input Device. Click on Properties and find [u]Listen To This Device[/u]. You should hear the sound from the mixer without Audacity (or any other application) running. Oh… You should change (or check) the default playback device back to your regular soundcard/headphones.