Width of the Track bar

Hi,

In the new Audacity 4 the left coloumn where the tracks data are shown (the sound amplification of that track, the solo and mute option etc), is much wider then in audacity 3, and there is no possibility to modify it’s size (to make it smaller) - and this aspect is highly disturbing for me.
I would like to use Audacity on the right side of the screen, while on the left side I have the document I am reading (recording), however the new Audacity layout makes that in this case most of the Audacity window (which is just 30-40% of the screen width) is just this Track data bar, and almost no place remains for the actual sound track to be visible, making it unusable.

Please, resolve the issue, so that the separator between the track data bar and the rest (the actual sound tracks) can be moved, making the track data bar bigger or smaller on need.

Thank you very much for this feature. I hope it is easy to implement but can be really useful.

In Soundscaper I make them collapsible instead, so it works on mobile dimensions:

I can see why this is frustrating, especially when you’re trying to work with a document beside Audacity. A resizable track-data panel would make much better use of screen space. Hopefully the developers can consider adding a draggable separator or a setting to adjust its width.

Yes. this can be a good solution. However, offline Audacity does not have this solution as yet.

I found a way to set up a shortcut key for: Show/hide tracks. That makes that Track bar I was talking to collapse. So, this is a solution, but it would be good to make this option much more accesible, because most of the users will not find this option even searching for it.