Unable To Record Music From The Internet with audacity

Hi everyone,

I have audacity 2.3.3. My operating system is Windows 7.

I’ve used Audacity for some time with great success.

I hadn’t done any recording recently. When I tried to record the other with Audacity 2.3.2 it would not start to record unless music had started to play. I like a small space at the beginning of a song.
I the deleted 2.3.2 and installed Audacity 2.3.3. The problem still exists.

I found several solutions here. One was to check Edit > Preferences to determine if sound activated recording was not checked. Record on a new track is checked.

Another solution offered was to go Transport > Transport Options and and uncheck (if it was checked) Pin Play Record head. It was unchecked and I left it so.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Balvenie :confused:

(Any spelling errors or poor grammer are the fault of the computer)

Just to make that clear: sound-activated-recording should be unchecked, (i.e. box not ticked).

sound-activated-recording should be unchecked.png
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/recording_preferences.html

I double checked just to make sure and yes it is unchecked.

I hadn’t done any recording recently. When I tried to record the other with Audacity 2.3.2 it would not start to record unless music had started to play.

That’s a characteristic of WASAPI (loopback). When there is no audio there is no digital audio data-stream (it’s not sending silence) and recording stops/pauses.

I have MS Windows 10 Pro and Audacity 2.3.2

I too cannot record streaming audio from the internet using Audacity. When I try to record, it picks up the noise from the room and just barely picks up the internet stream. The playback is distorted and noisy. I carefully read all the previous posts about this but they did not help me. What am I doing wrong?

Yes I have that problem as well, I can’t get the LINE IN working, it’s always the Mic working…!!..??

Sounds like you’re accidentally recording from the computer’s built-in microphone.
You need to select the computer speakers, aka “Stereo Mix”, (not microphone), as your recording device,
see … https ://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_audio_playing_on_the_computer.html