When recording a track from my Blue Yeti USB mic in Audacity, the resulting track ends up being slowed down. I don’t know why. I haven’t messed with anything at all, it just suddenly started happening. I tested out using Change Speed at different percentages until I found that increasing by 1.09% brings it back up to where it was supposed to be in terms of both the pitch and tempo. I’m not sure if this is a latency issue or what.
I previously checked through the forums to see if anyone else had this problem and/or found a solution, but I didn’t seem to find anything. The only things I found were uninstalling and reinstalling (which wasn’t a complete fix, as the issue seemed to happen again for the user), and changing the settings around in Preferences for Quality to the following:
Default Sample Rate: 44100, Default Sample Format: 32-bit float
Sample Rate Converter: High Quality (mine was set to Medium originally, so I changed it to High according to the post, and this is the only setting I had to change), Dither: None
Sample Rate Converter: Best Quality (Slowest), Dither: Shaped.
I use a Windows Dell laptop, Inspiron 5559, Intel Core i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz, Windows 10 Home OS.
I have a total capacity of 918 GB with just 391 GB being used, so I doubt that RAM would be an issue here.
I currently use ver 3.0.2 Audacity.
If there’s any other info needed, let me know and I’ll post it. I’ve never had to troubleshoot Audacity for something like this that I wasn’t eventually able to find a solution for somewhere online, but I’m at a loss on this one.