Resampling in Audacity 2.4.2

I’m using the latest version i.e. 2.4.2. I tried to resample a stereo .wav file in Audacity. Original was 48000 and I tried to change it to 44100. After opening in Audacity I selected ‘ALL’ went to Tracks/Resample entered 44100 and it went through the process of Resampling the file. Exported the file after it was done. I then opened the file in WaveShop to make sure it was resampled correctly in Audacity. To my amazement the file was still 48000 according to WaveShop. Went ahead and resampled @ 44100 in Waveshop and it was resampled to the correct rate. My keyboard will only accept .wav files @44100/16 bit so that’s how I discovered Audacity hadn’t resampled the file. When I loaded the file into my keyboard after I thought it was resampled in Audacity and tried to play it a message appeared saying the format was not compatible. Not sure what I could have done wrong in Audacity except perhaps selecting ALL before trying to resample the file. Thought you guys should know. It was the first time I tried resampling in Audacity. I usually use WaveShop or Wavosaur.

The sample rate of the exported file is taken from the “Project Rate” (lower left corner of the main Audacity window).
There is no need to resample the individual tracks first, just set the Project Rate and Export.
(See also: Selection Toolbar - Audacity Manual)

:bulb: I wonder if there is any way the software could help clarify exactly what is going on :question:

Personally, what I’d like to see would be for the Project Rate to be the “default” sample rate for exported files, but for the sample rate to be shown in the Export dialog and allow users to override the default when exporting.

Example mock-up: