Hello, this is not a question, I just wanted to share my experience, and perhaps it can be useful to anybody.
I recorded at the same time 4 mono signals (more than 30 minutes), and when recording, audacity crashed.
I had an empty .aup file, and hundreds 1MB .au file whis strange names.
This help did not work for me:
Tryng Append import, it was totally hazard, so I had to order them before.
- I ordered them by date.
- I used Konkeror for massively rename them starting by Audio1000 (if starting by 1, I had problems later)
- After that, I had 4 files with the same datation, another 4 files created a few seconds later, and so on.
I tried to import them, but it was crazy, so many files. If I used theappend import pluging, I had several seconds for each channel. So I need split each channel before.
For that I programmed next script using python (sorry it is in spanish):
import os import shutil dir_actual=os.getcwd() lista_archivos=os.listdir(dir_actual) for nombre_archivo in lista_archivos: numero_archivo=nombre_archivo[5:9] if nombre_archivo=='A': numero=int(numero_archivo) numero_microfono=numero%4 if numero_microfono==0: shutil.copy(nombre_archivo, "000"+nombre_archivo) elif numero_microfono==1: shutil.copy(nombre_archivo, "111"+nombre_archivo) elif numero_microfono==2: shutil.copy(nombre_archivo, "222"+nombre_archivo) elif numero_microfono==3: shutil.copy(nombre_archivo, "333"+nombre_archivo)
After that, I could use Append import, and importing just 000*files without problems.
Of course, perhaps there is another easy way for doing the same, but it worked for me. Perhaps instead append import, one everything was splitted I could have used this shell script (https://gist.github.com/mef/2c90295920dc66f669a6) but, it seems to work fine with mono files.