Recording from another program [SOLVED]

In the past I have recorded music from Band IN A Box. I have tried for the last two days and cannot record anymore. I believe I am setup correctly. Check the attachments. I am using Audacity 2.1

Audacity 1 is the Audacity recording & playback setting.

Audacity 2 shows the preferences agree with it.

Audacity 3 seems to me to show the issue. It says the recording device is ID 1, a USB microphone. ID 3 is the sound mapper output. I even have the microphone unplugged and it still says this. Any idea how to correct this?

I also closed the program and restarted it. Now the two tabs after the microphone are blank and the Help/Audio Device Info says the recording device ID is -1.

Very confused here.

Thanks
Audacity 3.JPG
Audacity 2.JPG
Audacity 1.JPG

See the pink panel at the top of the page. If Help > About Audacity… doesn’t say 2.1.0 (all three numbers) you should head off to Audacity ® | Download for Windows and download Audacity from us.

Also you did not give your Windows version. Assuming it is Windows Vista or later, you can enable disabled devices in Windows Sound. Presumably you used to record Band in a Box using stereo mix?

Assuming you are on Vista or later, you can also record computer playback using Windows WASAPI host in Audacity. See this link: Tutorial - Recording Computer Playback on Windows - Audacity Manual.

If you need more help please post the complete Audio Device Info… as text. You can right-click inside Audio Device Info, choose “Select All” then right-click again and choose “Copy”. Then paste here.

Gale

OK, it is Audacity 2.1.0, dropped the last zero. It is Windows 7 I am using.

The issue is that if I choose MME or Windows Direct Sound it would show no drivers that I could use. I read what you suggested and found the Stero Mix was disabled. I enabled that and now it seems OK. Not sure how all this happened, but looks like it’s working now.

Thanks.