Recording A Podcast with Two Microphones - Issue with the Picking up the Second mic on the new Track I created

For some reason, the second microphone is not being detected by Audacity when i select the drop-down, as you can see it only shows my AirPods and desktop speakers. I also already have everything connected to my laptop and I am even using an adapter. And yes I tried the “Rescan Audio” button and nothing happened. If someone can please let me know if they faced a similar challenge and if you had a solution that would be greatly appreciated.

Need a mixer to record multiple sources at the same time in Audacity,
Either a physical hardware mixer, or a virtual software one ,
e.g. … VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Banana

Hi man, thank you for sharing this advice, however, I already downloaded the voice-meter and even with that software, it’s not allowing me to add the second microphone due to a USB -3 Bandwidth issue, possibly due to the fact that I’m using a Microsoft Surface. So if there are any work around or ways to resolve this, then please feel free to share. Otherwise, I need a better computer / hardware to make this happen. Thank you!

When I add the second mic on Voice meeter, the label of the microphone turns red, which means its not able to connect.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.