Problematic wav file

Hi
(Audacity 3.1.3, Windows 10 Home)
Can anyone help me solve this? Maybe there is a way to repair this wav file?
I have a wav file that is about 4 1/2 hours long. It was created using Mixxx DJ software.
When I open it in Audacity, it only shows and plays the first 26 minutes of audio.
If I open the same wav file in VLC, it opens and plays the full 4 1/2 hours.
If I export the file out of VLC (as wav, mp3 etc) it only exports the first 26 minutes of audio (i.e. a 26 minute long file).
I can open the file in Mixxx. It shows the first 26 minutes as a waveform, and the rest looks like silence. However, when I first load the wav into Mixxx, if I play from somewhere in the section that looks blank I get audio (as per VLC). If I try and play from where there is visible audio, the audio disappears as soon as it hits the section of the waveform that looks silent.
I have recorded many wavs with Mixxx in the past with no issues - this is the first time I have had this problem.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I would really like to be able to tidy the recording up and export it.
Thanks in advance

I would really like to be able to tidy the recording up and export it.

May be a little more exciting than that. WAV files have a upper time or data limit. Once you reach that limit, you start getting scrambled data. The file “runs out of numbers” and starts over. That may not be this particular problem, but it sure sounds like it.

I believe the only hope is an application that can open the full show and export as Something Else.

Alternately, if you have an application that will play the file, play it to another computer or sound recorder and capture it there.

Another possibility is configure Audacity to record “Sound Playing On The Computer.”

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tutorial_recording_audio_playing_on_the_computer.html

Collect the sound file 4-1/2 hours later. You may need to do it in pieces if you can only play before and after the break as separate performances.

Koz

I don’t know exactly how MIxxx works but usually just the file-length field in the WAV header rolls-over but the audio data is OK.

You should be able to import the whole file as raw data. You’ll have to know the format details (sample, bitrate, number of channels, and the defaults should be OK for everything else). If you don’t know, or guess you can use [u]MediaInfoOnline[/u].

You’ll get a little glitch at the beginning where the header is converted to audio and you can edit that out.

Then if you are going to keep the long file you can save it as FLAC (or almost any format other than WAV).

See if Mixxx or VLC can convert the file to FLAC format.