Pitch correction

Is there a pitch correction effect available in Audacity similar to the one in Adobe Audition, for example? If there is, I’ve failed to find it (in version 1.3beta) If not, is there a plug in that will work for this? I hate to have to re-do or punch in vocal lines when a small section is off by a quarter tone or less.

Assuming you have version 1.3.12, then check out http://manual.audacityteam.org/index.php?title=Change_Pitch

– Bill

thanks for your reply Bill, but what I seek is pitch correction, not pitch change. For example, in the current song I’m doing, my vocal background singing “ah” is slightly flat for about a half bar. I don’t want to have to re-do the whole phrase for that if I can help it, especially since it’s in a tough place to punch. Adobe Audition has a “pitch correction” effect built in that works pretty well for that, but I don’t really care for the rest of their program. I tried downloading Gsnap (I think that’s what it’s called) but after doing so I couldn’t open the program. If anybody else has suggestions, I’d love to hear them. Thanks.
Jim

GSnap works in Audacity 1.3.12

Alternatively, select the half bar that is flat and use one of the pitch change tools to push the pitch up a bit. If it’s only “a bit” flat, then you probably only need to shift it by a couple of %.

I have downloaded and installed Gsnap, and I find that the control is lacking. The program is guessing what the note is supposed to be. I haven’t found a good way to “force” the note to the correct one using Gsnap. It would be nice if there was a visual scale showing where the vocal note is, and being able to click and drag it to the correct note. If there is a plug in other than Gsnap that anyone knows of that gives more control, please let me know. If I’m missing the boat on Gsnap capabilities, please let me know. If there’s a tutorial online and I’m missing it, let me know as well. And I have no interest in doing the T-pain effect. I just want my crappy voice to be on pitch.

GSnap is missing some features when used in Audacity because Audacity does not currently support MIDI or real-time processing. However, I was able to achieve basic pitch correction by following the instructions here: http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap_manual.htm

It’s a bit hit-or-miss without real-time processing, but with a bit of fiddling it worked well enough.
For correcting just the occasional note, I find it easier and quicker to do manual pitch adjustment.