Opening preferences is *extremely* slow on WIndows 11

Hi,

I’m on version 3.4.2 on Windows 11 and I have a problem that makes me want to pull (what little) hair off my head.

Whenever I try to open the preferences window, it takes about 60 seconds for it to come up. When I close the window, it can take about 20 seconds to close. Sometimes, it freezes the entier Windows interface or slows everything down considerably.

I haven’t seen anything like this but maybe it’s a problem that is similar to something else?

I’m on a Ryzen 7 PRO processor and GPU.

If someone knows what could be going on, please let me know. This is driving me nuts!

L

I have just tested and not seen this. To be more specific, Audio Setup → Audio Settings
causes the dialog box with “interface” controls, sample rate, bit depth, etc.
Its essentially instant. I am using a very fast laptop with a current patchlevel Windows 11. Its a Core I9, with 26 cores, 32 GB of ram, fast GPU, etc. So most computers should be slower than mine.

Sorry. Modern Windows seem to make constant small changes. In the olden days, one could learn nearly everything about it. No longer.

I’m not even at that level. I’m just doing Edit | Preferences. When I do, sometimes I see my wallpaper flash on the screen. And it takes a very long time to pop up. I’m really not sure what’s going on, but it might explain other app slowness (e.g. LibreOffice).

L

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.