Why is it that this forum locks discussions after 30 days?
Is it somehow believed that every question is solved within a month?
I am not at all involved in the behaviour of this forum, and not an employee / representative of Muse, but I think this is a reasonable decision:
- After 30 days, a problem should be discussed enough and probably also solved (or declared, that there is no solution possible at present)
- When someone finds a discussion after a very long time, probably all former participants of the discussion may have left already.
- Even worse, if someone writes after a year or longer “I have the same problem”, this is probably not true - (s)he only thinks that it is the same problem in most cases.
That’s why I think opening a new discussion is the better way to go. Then, the person with a problem needs to describe exactly his/her setup, versions., etc.
yeah, that was more or less my thought process when I implemented that automation – lots of people were piling onto ancient threads proclaiming they have “the same problem” when the bug in the OP was long fixed and some folks in the thread had died since. Is 1 month too little? Should it be 90 days instead? Maybe, but I think in the past 4 years I’ve seen approximately 3 people run into that problem. Things either get solved by the active folks within the first few hours or days, or get ignored and never receive an answer.