New user-Unable to reduce echo

Audacity 2.4.2
Windows 10 Home v.1909

I have searched and am unable to find an answer that walks me through how to do this quickly. My husband uses a Yeti Pro microphone using OSB to record video and audio. Today he decided to wear headphones for an audio only podcast. Something with the headphones created an echo that I can’t figure out how to clean up. (I could spend a week trying to figure out what most people on here can do in a few minutes. I know my limitations.) :slight_smile:

I’ve attached a sample to help understand what I’m dealing with. I am very low-tech, having just figured out how to even find the Noisegate and other types of filters in Audacity on my computer. I’ve tried Noise Reduction, Noisegate, Notch Filter, Low-Pass… everything that I’ve read to do. Nothing seems to take out or even greatly reduce the echo in the audio… to my ears.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have no experience with audio editing.

Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Don’t beat yourself up: it’s not a fixable problem after it has occurred, (i.e. cannot be fixed in post-production).

A de-reverb plugin ($$$) only makes it a little clearer …

Thank you for trying! And for responding!! I wasn’t sure if it could be fixed but now I see that it probably can’t.

Thank you again for your time and input!!

I’m much more concerned about the headphones. It is recommended that you wear headphones during production.

Now we get to trace sound pathways and see if we can figure out why it failed.

Are they wireless?

Koz

No, they are wired. That was the only difference this time.