Need help setting up Karaoke

Hi,
Let’s me tell you my situation first then you can give any ideas to help me out. I have Acer laptop (mic, line-in and audio-out jacket), Samsung LED TV UE40D5005 (RCA 3 colors red, black green for video and 2 color white, red for audio; the tv also has PC audio in 3.5mm jacket). I have bought 2 RCA cables (one with male, and the other with female) and I also have several 3.5mm cables (3.5mm prolongation x2 cables, 3.5mm male-3.5mm male). After many attempts plugging them and try with the 2 microphones (Philips SBC MD110, 3.5mm cables themselves & 3.5mm-6.5mm switch included by the producer). Feel like I am desperate! Could you please help me to set the things up? I would like to have my voice over the TV. As the laptop has karaoke software with thousands of songs itself but the laptop speakers and speakers don’t sound as good as TV speakers.
I haven’t figured the way to hear my voice from TV speakers, as only the playback sound comes out from the LED TV. I connected my microphones directly to laptop mic jacket, it doesn’t bring the sound to the TV, neither do the PC audio in jacket & RCA jacket in the TV when connecting microphones directly to the TV.

I really don’t know much about line-in jacket, any chance it could help? since it can convert analog sound (from microphone) to digital sound.

X) If I would need a computer software to convert my analog voice from microphones to laptop, please name some and guide me in specific way (connecting mics to laptop, then transfer voice through laptop to TV)?
Y) If I would need a Audio Mixer/ Amplifier/ Pre-amplifier, since I am very confused which one among them and which way I do, so please specify which one and how I do with them, (mics to that device to laptop to TV OR mics to that device to TV), as the laptop must always play the background sound for karaoke.

Could you please help me out with some suggestions? Thank you very much for any ideas and suggestion coming up.

If you want to sing or talk live over an existing sound track, that’s called Multitrack or Overdubbing. We wrote a good piece on how to do that with several different techniques.

However, you won’t need the speakers. You can’t do good quality overdubbing with speakers and a live microphone in the same room. The background track will be recorded twice with an echo or other problems.

The general process is to set Audacity for Overdubbing and record or import the background track. Then play that back while Audacity adds your voice as a separate track. Then play both of those back and add a third, etc. I’s a bit more complex than that because timing is critical and you have to make adjustments to keep everything on beat, but that’s the basic process.

http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/Tutorial_-_Recording_Multi-track_Overdubs

If you use specialized hardware (not that difficult), you can do perfect overdubbing – hear yourself singing, etc. If you use just your computer, it can be much more difficult, and you may not be able to hear everything while you work.

Koz

And then the coffee kicks in.

You can’t do Karaoke straight through the computer. The process of digitizing and then un-digitizing your voice takes time and you’ll never be able to sing in sync.

A simple sound mixer should do it. I use the Peavey PV-6 for a lot of live jobs. You can put the computer sound into one of the high level inputs of the mixer and the microphone into one of the mic channels. The Line-Out or Tape-Out of the mixer goes to the TV.

Now I need to read again what you already have.

Koz

I don’t have a sound mixer (=audio mixer ?). I am looking for cheapest option to make my voice come out of TV speaker. If I buy one, shoud it be connected to laptop first or TV directly? I am still not sure what I do with it. If I understand that correctly would be connecting Laptop’s speaker jack to the sound mixer which I plug the microphones into, and it will mix the playback sound from laptop with voice from microphones ; then the sound must be out to the TV audio in, probably through RCA cable.
If there is any sound mixer that have both audio in RCA & 3.5mm jack, I would love to have one, since It would be easy to transmit audio out from laptop to mixer via 3.5mm jack, & my microphones have 3.5mm cable too. Of course I have a switch 3.5mm-6.5mm for the microphone but I just like plugging it directly to 3.5mm jack.
Besides, pre-amplifier, amplifier are more expensive even they could work, right?
Could the line-in jack in laptop help in this case?

I’ve seen this but I am not sure if it works for my situation. IDK if it could help connecting microphones - the mixer - TV and make the voice out of it to the TV speaker.
Rolls MX 41b
http://www.thomann.de/fi/rolls_mx_41b.htm

Am I correct that this question is unrelated to Audacity?

I don’t really understand your question.
Do you just want to make your Karaoke software play through the TV speakers rather than through the computer speakers?
When you use the Karaoke software, can you hear your voice? Is this what you want to do?