Need help! I got 'Project is corrupt. (Unable to work with the blockfiles)'

I saved the project (on Nextcloud) before and while recording after saving the project, I got ‘Project is corrupt. (Unable to work with the blockfiles)’. Now, there is no audio in the project. Everything is lost. Is there a way to retrieve the previously saved project or the whole project I made while recording?

Also, I would like to understand what happened and why did it happened so that I will be more careful next time if I can even prevent such things to happen.
Screenshot (356).png

If your .aup3 file is > 320 KB then zip it up and upload it to a public file sharing service and post (or PM me) a link. I’ll take a look at it.

How can I PM you?

As a new user, you may not be allowed. What you can do is post the link, but request the moderator to hide it and to forward it to me. I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Very few people are interested in downloading an .aup3 file that cannot be opened. :wink: In any case, I’ll acknowledge receipt of the file when I get it, so you can delete it from the server.

[link removed]

Ok.

So your file has been downloaded and I have been able to duplicate your error. More later.

So we got lucky! I have PM’d you a link to the recovered file. :smiley:

So cooool!!! Thank you! ^^

You are welcome! I’m glad it worked out. :smiley:

I got the same problem again while continuing to record on the project.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pLEN0TzxYdaP6ypJbGeGSC_5F6hINLt2/view?usp=sharing

So Yorutora, we are going to have to stop meeting like this. :wink:

I tried recording into the project that I recovered and I had no problems. Is it possible that something you are doing is contributing to these errors?

One thing that could cause these kinds of errors is by using a cloud or networked drive. Do not do this.

If you still need me to help recover your file a second time, I can do it after Christmas. Let me know.

I sure want to stop getting problems recording >.<!
Yes, I did mention I was saving it on NextCloud.

That would be the third time >.<!
Anyway, I wish you a Merry Christmas uwu!
I hope you have a nice time with your family and friends ^^!

I still have the same problem…even if I saved the file in my desktop.

I have PM’d you a link to the 2nd recovered file. Handle with care. :wink:

Glad to hear you are back up and running. And a merry Christmas to you as well. :smiley: