mp4 containing AAc won't open (ffmpeg is installed)

ffmpeg seems to be working; I can open an mp4 file created by Zoom which contains one AAC LC audio track. (ffmpeg is installed, Library Version: F(59.16.100), C(59.18.100), U(57.17.100). I’m running Audacity 3.4.2 on Windows 10 Pro. )

However, opening an mp4 created by Logi Capture fails. It contains four AAC LC audio tracks, per MediaInfoOnline - MediaInfo in your browser.

When I try to open it in Audacity, I get a “Select stream(s) to import” message (don’t get that for the mp4 with just one AAC):

Index(01] Codec[aac], Language[und], Bitrate[182621], Channels(21, Duration[102]
Index[02] Codec[aac], Language[und], Bitrate[176322], Channels[2], Duration[102]
Index[03] Codec[aac], Language[und], Bitrate[175053], Channels[2], Duration[102]
Index[04] Codec[aac], Language[und], Bitrate[182621], Channels[2], Duration[102]

When I click OK, I get this “Error Importing” message:

“C:\Users.…\Logi.mp4” is an Advanced Audio Coding file.
Without the optional FFmpeg library, Audacity cannot open this type of file.
Otherwise, you need to convert it to a supported audio format, such as WAV or AIFF.

Any help much appreciated. Please let me know if you’d like me to upload any logfiles

thanks
JP

(None of the recommended forum threads seemed to be applicable.)

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.