I am unable to mix and render tracks here.I can only select all, but when i do there is no mix and render option in Tracks available. I can’t select select more than one individual track either
More than one track has to be selected to mix and render.
Click on the left side of the track where the buttons are to select the first track. Hold down the shift key and select another track. Both tracks will now be selected. Right click in that same area and the context menu will have an option to mix and render.
If one of the tracks has Solo enabled, I don’t think the other tracks will mix.
In Audacity 4, the Mix Down to … function has not been coded yet, so the menu is disabled.
Audacity 4 beta-2 is for testing purposes only. For real work you should be using 3.7.8 or some other 3.x.x. version.
How? I’m only able to “select all” and not select individual tracks, and there is no option to mix and render either way
I wouldn’t recommend opening a new topic every time you reply. I answered you on your original post thread.
The website administrators will probably delete this one.
Topics merged
Now that 4.0 is out, it’s saddening that this feature is still missing. This is the big thing that is making me go back to 3.7.9 for now, although according to the git “Mix And Render” is ready for 4.1. The ability to quickly bounce tracks was kind of what made Audacity a stem mixing and mastering powerhouse for me.
It was, but then the issue was reopened: Implement mix-and-render · Issue #11160 · audacity/audacity · GitHub
I expect that it will be available in 4.1, but it seems that it’s not quite ready yet.
Another design idea I might suggest for when this behavior gets re-implemented is perhaps a button in the real-time effects panel to render the effects to the track.
This is useful for those who can’t apply all their effects at once for one reason or another (low cpu power, heavy VSTs, too many tracks) or just want to apply stacks of effects in passes for workflow reasons.
I myself have Mix and Render in 3.7 as a shortcut (Ctrl+M) for this reason, but I feel like other users might like a button to click with the mouse. Plus, there’s a nice empty spot at the bottom of the effects panel for that to go.
I have added both freezing (which is more in line of what you’re describing) and the missing mix and render to my Audacity fork, Soundscaper