Running 2.4.2 on Windows 10
Trying to help a client set up a home recording rig to record radio talk segments from home during COVID. Hooked him up with a Presonus Audiobox USB that was kicking around, a mic, cables, etc. He has it hooked up correctly, the attached mic is metering in the Windows device manager through the interface, so we’re good through that part. I had him install Audacity and we configured it with MME, the audio interface, we have tried both stereo and mono, and cannot even get the mic to meter, let alone record. Have tried different USB ports, restarting everything, always opening Audacity after any device changes–nothing, zip, nada. If there is a setting, I have tried it at this point.
I am totally stumped.