Limit Tool - Limiter

I am Mastering Music and I have found after Using Compression almost all the noises sounds clear and even the gasp or Hissles , the sound is great to my Ears and Finally I Use the Limiter when I Use this tool there are 2 Options that Im Familiar With the SOFT LIMIT and HARD Limit. So When I CHose SoftLimit it Sounds the Effect I gave on the Compression everything is Soft and Loud but it Sounds Like a Distortion or Something the Like the SIBILANCES but not that Loud Because I suppose that the Limiter is to get Rid of SIBILANCES and then I CHose Hard Limit and Everything is Loud but it Needs some Softness, it Needs a Little life like the Rhythm from The SoftLimit after Compression So Im Searching in fact Mastering Music with High Treble without the Sibilances or Distortion and so I Guess if the The Limiter cut the Peaks and Soft CUt them Little and Hard Limiter cut them much More, I need a version that CUt them in the Middle of those … So Simple Limit is needed there to have 3 Options SoftLimit, Limit and Hard Lim, the Sound Im Looking for is Between SoftLimit and Hard Limit after Compressor

Moderator note: Please do not Shout by using bold big typeface. It only annoys the forum elves and certainly doesn’t get your question answered any quicker. I toned it down for you.

Hi Im Mastering Songs however I use the Compressor and Limiter to make the file Loud, Clear and Original but I would like to know how to make the sound in High Definition Quality. I Use the Compressor and then the Limiter , but the Sound in SoftLimit all is Clear and Loud but even Sibilances and it is Annoying, it gives life of Rhythm but…I Dont Like,and the Hard Limit is All Clear and Loud but lack of lifeness the Sibilances dissapear but I would to Level it between those 2 Options, How Can i do it ?? the tool needs an Update by Part from Audacity ??

Moderator note: Please do not Shout by using bold big typeface. It only annoys the forum elves and certainly doesn’t get your question answered any quicker. I toned it down for you.

Also please do not double post in random boards. I combined your posts here.

Gale

Im Mastering Songs however I use the Compressor and Limiter to make the file Loud, Clear and Original but I would like to know how to make the sound in High Definition Quality.

The forum normally has very rapid turnover. If none of the regular helper elves has a ready answer for you, then we need to wait for another poster for ideas. This is a forum, not a help or developer order desk.

Koz

You could apply the effect twice but with less strong settings, once with “soft” and once with “hard”.

Limiter with make-up gain will cause sibilance to get louder.
You need a DeEsser to reduce sibilance, a DeEsser plugin for Audacity is here.

Other free DeEsser plugins are available, (which are easier to operate).

Thanks, its Because many waveforms Spectrum are so shrink that I dont have to find out which number gain put on the effect of Amplify. I Use Make Up Gain for automatic volume Booster

You could apply the effect twice but with less strong settings, once with “soft” and once with “hard”.[/quote

Yes … it sounds more or Less while you are cutitng or Chopping the Peaks above on the Limiter the contrast of the Waveform is each time more wide … like with High Contrast
I suppose is the Mastering Loud Level Volume … so that setting above -3DB can Cause more distortion even so between soft and Hard… I Feel it needs the Limiter the Hard Limiter in fact cut much Peaks and make the Waveform wider even if the setting are too Low like -2Db or -1DB… etc Soft Limit is Really soft an clear that many sounds hurt my ears so it needs a little flat sounds so in Many I better just use the Amplify effect instead of compressor and Limiter to MAster, but the compressor really gives the punches life from the tracks

Hi Greetings Can Anyone Please Tell me which level setting is Better on Quality on the Limiter at Remastering -3db -2B or -1db Threshold and not to get distortion on the music for a perfect remastering

I don’t know what you mean by “Remastering -3db -2B o -1db abd” (I presume some typos in there), but for lowest audible distortion, use the “Soft Limit” option.

Technically speaking… Dynamic compression and limiting are distortion… They change (distort) the wave shape and dynamics. The trick is to get the desired effect without it sounding like distortion.

Mastering (and re-mastering) is an art. It requires trial-and-error and careful listening. It starts with listening to determine what’s wrong, or what can be improved. Loudness is only one factor. You may only want to boost the loudness, but as you’ve discovered doing so non-linearly (with compression or limiting) can affect other aspects of the sound.

Mastering also requires good monitors and a “good room”. And of course it helps if you have a “good ear”, skill, and experience. You are unlikely to get the same results as a pro mastering engineer, and you are unlikely to have the same tools (hardware or software) as a pro mastering engineer. (You may not want the same results as a pro… Many listeners don’t like modern “constantly-loud” [u]Loudness War[/u] recordings with no dynamics.)

Here are some mastering links I’ve collected:

[u]Moulton Labs - What’s This Mastering Business Anyway?[/u]
[u]Moulton Labs - Tips n’ Tricks For Mastering[/u]
[u]Izotope - Ozone Mastering Guide[/u] (This is written for Ozone but most of it can apply no matter what tools you are using.)
[u]REAPER Forum - Discussion of a particular mastering job[/u] (The mastering discussion starts at post #8).
[u]Mastered For iTunes[/u]

Yeah, more than Loudness im searching for Quality to hear everything ( From Voice to Instruments ) as they Loud and Clear, because if its so Loud can cause Damages and distortions unwanted,so the Normal Loudness but there are music that needs to be full Remastered and other song that the waveform needs to reach the top as if were new or other songs that already reach the top on their waveform.