Label Clips with Clip Names or Export using Clip Names

Hi,

I’m new here. First of all fantastic product! :slight_smile:

I’m having a headache with having lots of clips which have specific names and I want to batch export them retaining the clip name as the file name (wav, mp3).

From what I know I cannot export clips with clip names and have to do it manually?

Or I have to label each clip with the same name and then export the labelled clips.

Any help on how to do this quickly will be hugely appreciated. It would be great if there was an export audio option to use clip names as the file names to explore in batch.

Thanks
Sam

What are “clip names”?

You can easily export multiple files. You need to put a text label at the point where the new file should start (and the old ends). If you have a text file containing the names of the pieces, you can copy/paste them into the labels. Select the point where the label should go. Then copy the text and select Command-Option-V (on Mac; I don’t know the shortcut for Windows or Linux), and the copied text will be pasted into your label mark.

Then do “export multiple”. You are asked whether the files should also be numbered (useful if you record vinyl or tapes).

There’s a plugin for that:

Hi @LWinterberg

Does it allow you to save the name of the clip as the file name?

If it does then this is exactly, what I need.

For example, my clips are called.

P1-1
P1-2
P2
P2-1

Which reflect back to an audio script that needs to adhere to the same naming convention.

Regards,
Sam

@mac-christian - I’m aware of that but when you have 50 clips. It becomes a real nightmare to edit names in labels etc.

Which is why I’m alluding towards a way of exporting clips with their names that we give them in the top left corner.

e.g.
P1-1
P2
P2-1
etc.

Regards,
Sam