In Audacity 2.x, pressing the Solo button on a track would mute all other tracks and play only that track. In Audacity 3.x, the default was that multiple tracks could be played if they all had Solo selected, but it was possible to configure the preferences so that the Solo button would operate in a “Simple Mode”, where it would use the Audacity 2.x Solo behavior. Now in 4.0.1, I no longer see any way of selecting Solo Simple Mode. Is it gone or has it just moved somewhere that I can’t find it?
Shift-click the Solo button to get Simple mode.
Aha! That worked. That should be added to the documentation somewhere, unless it’s there and I just missed it. So, there’s no longer any way of making that the default?
No, it’s not in the current documentation.
They’re talking about making a preference similar to the one in AU3.