I know there is no Audacity 64bit & would like to know why?

Hi,
I would like to thank all Audacity personnel and programmers to make such a great and easy interface program. :slight_smile:
I am using audacity 2.0.5 in windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, I know that there is no Audacity 64 bit and I would like to know why? :confused:
I am asking this because I have 32GB RAM with x64 Athlon 8 core CPU and run every program so fast except audacity. In my system Audacity only can use up to 2GB when I see my task manager and was hoping someone come up with a solution to make the 64 bit version. :ugeek:
I have search everywhere to find a solution but no luck… :unamused: tried the page that explains on how to increase the performance and still not satisfied. :frowning:
I know that in Photoshop preference there is an option that you can choose how much RAM/CASH to use and would be nice if you add such a feature.
If a programmer can make this happen I think there would be a lot of people including me who would like to purchase it if it has a reasonable price and is a faster program. :wink:
Wish you all a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR xx

Please see: Missing features - Audacity Support .

Audacity is slow at certain tasks like fitting waveforms to the window or creating labels in long projects for other reasons than being limited to 2 GB memory.

You can try so-called 4-Gigabyte Tuning then recompile Audacity with the /LARGEADDRESSAWARE linker option. This will let Audacity address another 1 GB of RAM.

Audacity 2.0.1 has an option to use RAM for caching of audio data (up to the 2 GB or 3 GB limit) but this feature caused crashes long before those RAM limits were reached so it has been withdrawn for now.

You could use RAM for audio data by setting Audacity’s temporary directory to a RAM drive .

If we don’t hear to the contrary we’ll record a vote that Audacity should be 64-bit and have an option to cache data. This just lets us gauge demand, that’s all.

We don’t sell Audacity but if you would like to consider a donation, any amount (large or
small) would be most appreciated. You can click here:
http://audacityteam.org/donate/

to make a secure payment using your credit card or Paypal account. Please note that although payments are processed by Paypal, you don’t need a Paypal account to donate.

Gale