I can't record mic sound

Hello
Audacity 3.4.2
Mac Studio Sonoma 14.3.1

I have just switched to Mac from Windows 10 HP Pavilion laptop, a Studio with MAC OS Sonoma 14.3.1. Nothing else has changed re my recording set up, yet I can’t record any sound. The sound wave on the track is flat.

My mic is plugged into a Soundcraft Notepad 8FX, the output goes into a Behringer UCA202 DAC which is connected via USB into the Mac Studio.

The sound settings acknowledge the USB connection as does the Audacity playback and recording settings. I hit the record button but nothing is recorded. Just a flat line. I’ve switched USB ports on the Mac Studio, restarted and still the same. I have connected the Notepad 8FX directly to the Mac Studio via its own USB and both the Mac Studio and Audacity recognise it but no recorded sound.

I am guessing it’s something simple, but it’s not obvious to me.

What are your settings in Systemsettings / Sound / Input?

You may also need to select the input source in Audacity.

Hi,
The settings recognised the Digital/analogue interface, that wasn’t the problem. I released that the MAC studio’s security settings wasn’t permitting apps to access the mic (or whatever USB interface ).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.