How to analyze background music to know if it has Theta Hz frequencies

I want to know how to analyze background music to check if it contains Theta frequencies based on its Hz

Theta Brain Waves settle in between 6Hz and 10Hz.

Record the music in Audacity. Analyze > Plot Spectrum. Use the settings in this illustration. Pull the window really wide on your screen and view the area between 6Hz and 10Hz on the left.

In this illustration, anything quieter than -70 or so (on the left) is invisible.

Note: Do Not use MP3 sound files in this experiment. One of the ways MP3 gets its tiny, convenient sound files is to intentionally delete quiet sounds.

We will note that public sound systems are rarely of good fidelity and even most good quality sound systems won’t deliver sound that low a pitch.

Dogs can hear it. Human hearing generally poops out around 20Hz.

Koz

1 Like

I haven’t done the surgical analysis (yet), but my iPhone can record Voice Memos in LossLess Quality and they do very well. You can check yours by crunching up a “real” newspaper while recording.

Analyze the sound file.

Koz

I think it’s a binaural beats thing: the frequency of one channel is shifted by a brainwave frequency.

If you mix the stereo track to mono it will have a tremolo at the brainwave frequency, (if its had the brainwave entrainment.)

OK, but. You can’t put that over a PA system and the poster didn’t ask about that.

Koz