Global variables in Nyquist all return NIL

I’m trying to develop in Nyquist, but I’m having the problem of not being able to access information I need about the project since I can’t get any of the information from the global property lists as defined here. I’m trying to access them exactly as described there and in the property list tutorial, but all of them invariably will come back as NIL. I can access these just fine in the Nyquist prompt, but they won’t work in a plugin. Experiencing this in both Windows and Linux, in Audacity versions 2.4.2 and 3.4.2. Any idea what might be going on here?

(I have found a workaround by having a text input widget with a default value of the property I’m trying to access, which usually but not always works if that is the only widget the plugin is using.)

If you post a minimal example of a plug-in that you believe is correct but does not work, post it here and I’ll take a look to see if I can see the problem.

“Minimal example” means keep it as simple and small as possible - perhaps just a plug-in that outputs the value of a global property.

I think I actually figured out the problem - the version was set too low. I was getting mixed up as to what the ;version header did and had it set to 1, but when I changed it to ;version 4 the global variables work as intended.

Thanks for ending up prompting me to take another look at the headers!