Forum Inaccessible from Safari

This website is inaccessible from Safari until Popups are explicitly allowed through Safari Security Settings. This is genuinely user-hostile. The signup process is completely broken by this bug. What I do not understand is that there is no apparent popup activity on the site.

I was told the forum was subjected to a ‘Denial of service’ attack so the security was beefed up. I don’t use Safari and I have lots of errors I didn’t get before.

In the end, this forum is a Discourse instance that the Audacity team have significant control over, but not total control.

It may be worth creating an account at the Discourse community forum (https://meta.discourse.org/), which is of course also a Discourse instance, and seeing if you have the same issues there.

If you don’t, then that’s extremely useful information as it indicates the problem is somehow being created by the local configuration/loadout of the Audacity forum, specifically.

If you DO, then there’s almost certainly nothing the Audacity team can do about it. But you could pursue the issue with the Discourse team. If they fix it, it gets fixed everywhere (once this instance is updated with the fix).

(I use Google Chrome on Linux with popups blocked and uBlock Origin ad-blocking enabled, and haven’t had any issues personally.

My experience does not mean that your experience is any less valid or frustrating, but it means that it’s not as cut-and-dried as the forum not working unless popups are enabled. Any issues encountered when using Safari are most likely unintentional, and hopefully fixable.)