Does anyone know why the link to download the FFmpeg library isn’t working? (https://lame.buanzo.org/#lameosx64bitdl) I thought maybe it was my device but colleagues have also tried and nothing ever loads.
Is there an alternative place where these can be downloaded (for Mac & Windows?)
I’ve just tested the link:
It’s working fine - downloaded in a couple of seconds.
Links are down on my side too.
Here is the archive.org Waybackmachine links :
Last archive links :
Last working archive links :
I would recommend using the direct links on https://lame.buanzo.org/#lameosx64bitdl
I’ve checked them just now and they are all working.
While that can be a useful fallback if:
- the direct links on https://lame.buanzo.org/#lameosx64bitdl are down (rare)
- or the site https://lame.buanzo.org is down (extremely rare)
- and you are in a rush and can’t just try again later
- you are happy to accept the risks
but in nearly every case when someone has said that the download links are not working, I’ve tested the links, often only a matter of minutes later, and found no problem.
The downside of using Wayback Machine links are:
- You need to be careful not to go back too far or you will get the wrong version
- Wayback Machine is not responsible for the security or integrity of websites they do not own.
- Due to the massive amount of load on Wayback Machine’s servers, accessing https://lame.buanzo.org via Wayback Machine is much less reliable than the actual https://lame.buanzo.org website.
- “Last working links” on Wayback Machine become out of date as soon as the real site is updated.
Using the links published by Audacity is currently the best way to get the correct version of FFmpeg.