FabFilter VST3 visuals not working? VST2 plugins buggy? Happening on 2 machines

I had this problem on an older MacBook Pro where the visuals for all of my FabFilter VST3 plugins won’t work. They are clearly recognizing the audio, as in the case of Pro-L2, where it shows a line for the LUFS level, but no audio visuals scroll. Similarly, nothing shows up in the spectrum analyzer of Pro-Q3.

I just got a new (to me) MBP, and the same thing is happening. I’d be fine with sticking with the VST2.x’s, but they don’t work very well, namely that I can’t save & reload a preset. Whatever I do, it just loads the default settings anytime I load a preset in any FF plugin.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Not all VSTs support Audacity. Most commercial plug-in developers have a list of officially supported hosts but a quick-search didn’t find anything on the FabFilter website.

With free plug-ins it’s usually hit-or-miss.

I have FabFilter Pro-R and Pro-Q 3. When I open either one to apply to a WAV file, Audacity crashes about half the time. It happens so often that I now routinely save the file just before opening a FabFilter plug-in. Yes, it’s annoying. But it’s something I’m willing to tolerate on a free DAW.

Fabfilter plugins are like $199 each.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.