Exporting Audacity files for use in Mitel/Shoretel Phone Systems

Hello,

I am trying to export a file I recorded in Audacity to use in a Mitel phone system. When I record the file and export to a WAV, it sounds great. However, when my contact converts it for use in their phone menu system, it distorts and sounds terrible. I’m working with him to figure out the issue, but he is not sure what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Background: I record and edit the file in audacity, then export to a WAV, U-law format.

There are a couple of old posts on the forum that might help you. In the upper right-hand corner of this page, search for Mitel or for Shoretel.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/search.php?keywords=Mitel+Shoretel.&terms=any&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Thank you! I didn’t see anything that addresses my issue, but help in other areas. I’m reaching out to the Mitel forum as I think it must be something on their end. When I play the wav file it is clean and crisp, when it is put into the Mitel phone system it turns tinny and sound like I’m under water. So strange!

Post back when you have found the solution.