'Export as WAV' macro not working?

Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1
Audacity 3.5.1

When I add the ‘export as wav’ to a macro, no export happens.

1. Select all
  2. Export as WAV
  3. End

Am I doing something wrong?

There is also an ‘export to’ macro that exports to a set file path, which doesn’t work either.

Thanks

While my first reaction would be to stop using 3.5.1 in favor of an earlier Audacity such as 3.4.2 (particularly if this all used to work) I can tell you from super limited experience that you may not have enough variables covered.

This is the WAV export panel if you do it manually.

Screen Shot 2024-07-04 at 6.15.34 AM

This is the correct, working macro command for audiobook Loudness Normalization.

LoudnessNormalization:DualMono=“1” LUFSLevel=“-23” NormalizeTo=“1” RMSLevel=“-20” StereoIndependent=“0”

Your Macro will have no idea what to do, particularly if the last thing you did was, for example, an MP3 export. Audacity will hang on to the Last Used Settings.

I have no idea how to fix what you’re doing. Someone else may post.

Koz

Thanks yes I did wonder about this because there are parameter options for export wav to choose the file type etc.

1 Like

Has anyone got this working on any system? And if you did, how did you input the export parameters etc?

I succeeded!
Choose Edit → Preferences → Directories and enter the desired path in the “Macro output” field. Audacity will create a “macro-output” folder, in which it will place the macro-processed files. Now the export in the macro works