This just started happening, with the update to 2.1.1,from 2.1.0. The equalizer used to hold the last setting when you went back into it. Now, on this computer, it goes flat line every time. Happening on three different computers. Thanks!
Yes it’s a bug.
From the release notes (Missing features - Audacity Support):
Equalization does not retain settings, so always opens with a “flat” curve> . Nether the last used settings or user presets are retained. > Workaround> : To retain the current settings:
- Click the “Save / Manage Curves…” button
- Select the “unnamed” item
- Click the “Rename” button
- Type a name for the curve
- Click the “OK” button. If the name already exists, click “Yes” to overwrite or “No” to enter a new name.
- Click the “OK” button.
Next time you use Equalization, select the saved preset using the “Select Curve” dropdown.
Another workaround : use a [free] VST equalizer plugin in Audacity 2-1-1 to obtain real-time equalization , see video here … https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/version-2-1-1-0-doesnt-remember-equalization/39205/5