dll VSTs doesn't work

All my dll VST effects fail at trying to initiate them. I can habilitate them but not initiate them. I have tried to load them on Wavosaur but it fails too so maybe it’s not an Audacity probleml. I’d like to know some hint about what could be the problem, because I have no idea.

Windows 8.1, Audacity 2.2.2, ffmpeg 2.2.2, LAME 3.99.3

19:53:11: Audacity 2.2.2
19:53:11: Trying to load FFmpeg libraries…
19:53:11: mLibAVFormatPath (‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avformat-55.dll’) is not empty. Loading from it.
19:53:11: Looking up PATH environment variable…
19:53:11: PATH = ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\ia32\compiler;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\OpenCL SDK\2.0\bin\x64;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;C:\Program Files (x86)\Scrivener’
19:53:11: Checking that ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2’ is in PATH…
19:53:11: Aviso: FFmpeg directory ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2’ is not in PATH.
19:53:11: Temporarily prepending ‘;C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2’ to PATH…
19:53:11: Checking for monolithic avformat from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avformat-55.dll’.
19:53:11: Error: No se pudo encontrar el símbolo ‘avutil_version’ en la librería dinámica (error 127: no se encontró el proceso especificado.)
19:53:11: Error: No se pudo encontrar el símbolo ‘avcodec_version’ en la librería dinámica (error 127: no se encontró el proceso especificado.)
19:53:11: avformat not monolithic
19:53:11: Loading avutil from ‘avutil-52.dll’.
19:53:11: Loading avcodec from ‘avcodec-55.dll’.
19:53:11: Loading avformat from ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avformat-55.dll’.
19:53:11: Returning PATH to previous setting…
19:53:11: Actual avutil path C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avutil-52.dll
19:53:11: Actual avcodec path C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avcodec-55.dll
19:53:11: Actual avformat path C:\Program Files (x86)\ffmpeg-win-2.2.2\avformat-55.dll
19:53:11: Importing symbols…
19:53:11: All symbols loaded successfully. Initializing the library.
19:53:11: Retrieving FFmpeg library version numbers:
19:53:11: AVCodec version 0x373466 - 55.52.102 (built against 0x373466 - 55.52.102)
19:53:11: AVFormat version 0x372164 - 55.33.100 (built against 0x372164 - 55.33.100)
19:53:11: AVUtil version 0x344264 - 52.66.100 (built against 0x344264 - 52.66.100)
19:53:11: FFmpeg libraries loaded successfully.

Audacity only accepts 32-bit plugins , even if your computer is 64-bit.

Yes, thanks, they don’t work either x64 or x32, although a couple of months ago they worked.

Also the plugins manager shows plugins that are no longer in that folder, is that normal?

The Audacity plugins folder recently moved from “Program files” to this hidden folder


Thanks, although I don’t know what that has to do with my problem, I think I explained it wrong, in my plugins manager plugins appear in folders where they were before and they are gone, they have remained frozen. Anyway I’m not interested in solving that because it does not cause me a problem, I just mentioned it in case it had something to do with the loading of plugins.

I don’t have plugins in the hidden folder that you mention and if I put one there I still have the same problem as from any other folder.

If it is necessary to provide any other data I have no problem in giving it.

Sounds like ghost-plugins.

Allright, I have deleted pluginregistry.cfg and now my plugins manager is refreshed, but the problem with dll VSTs persists.