Difficulty selecting section for noise removal

Using version 2.3.3 I am able to access the Noise Reduction feature from my main computer which runs Windows 7. However, I do most of my editing work on my laptop which runs Windows 10 and it will not allow me to access the Noise Reduction effect via my laptop. I get a pop up telling me I need to select the section. But it will not allow me to select a section. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program. But the problem persists.

Cancel the effect to close the effect window, then make a selection, then open the effect again.

Tried that. I have the select tool chosen. I make the selection and all it does is play the selection. I open the effect after making the selection I get a box telling me to make a selection. That nothing is selected, even though I can see a start and end point on the track… The tool allows me to select a section but it doesn’t change the color of the selection. Just marks the start and end point for the playing of the clip.

To make the selection, click and drag on the actual audio waveform, not on the time ruler.

See also: Selecting Audio - Audacity Manual

Ah. Perfect. Thanks so much. That’s what I was missing.