Did I break Audacity by changing from pipewire back to pulseaudio in Fedora 37?

I’m running Fedora 38. It’s been awhile since I’ve tried to open Audacity and now it is hanging up as it opens. I changed from PipeWire back to PulseAudio back in Fedora 37 to try to cast audio from my computer to a remote device. I’m trying to get Audacity back to running, but coming up dry on solutions. I tried switching back to PipeWire to no avail. I’ve attempted to open it by command line and get a volley of errors. In searching for more information on the errors, I only get tenuously related results that don’t seem to relate to what’s going on with Audacity. I’ve cut-and-paste the output from the terminal. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

(process:3920): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 12:29:21.891: gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion ‘GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)’ failed

(process:3920): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 12:29:21.891: gdk_window_get_display: assertion ‘GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)’ failed

(process:3920): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 12:29:21.891: gdk_cursor_new_from_pixbuf: assertion ‘GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)’ failed
ALSA lib pcm.c:2666:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2666:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2666:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib pcm_route.c:877:(find_matching_chmap) Found no matching channel map
Expression ‘(jack_ports = jack_get_ports( jackApi->jack_client, “”, JACK_PORT_TYPE_FILTER, 0 )) && jack_ports[0]’ failed in ‘src/hostapi/jack/pa_jack.c’, line: 538

Try running the latest AppImage version from Download | Audacity ®

I just tried it. I got similar results. I can’t imagine the AppImage being broken. Seems more likely now that I broke Fedora. Well, thanks for your time anyway. I’m off to the Fedora forum now to pose the question to that community.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.