Crashing- need help please

First, please note that I’m not an expert by any means. I use Audacity to edit a podcast. Just tonight when I try to Export, it crashes.

I tried to reinstall and that just got messy. Nothing would install.

Here is my log. Anyone help?

22:38:39: Audacity 3.2.4
22:38:39: sqlite3 message: (1) no such table: project in “SELECT 1 FROM project LIMIT 1;”
22:38:39: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-59.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
22:38:39: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-58.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
22:38:39: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-57.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
22:38:39: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘avformat-55.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)
22:38:42: Loaded 92 string 1.955078 Kb in size
22:38:42: Project loaded in 183 ms
22:39:30: Help button pressed: PageName Quick_Help, releasePageName quick_help.html
22:39:30: webHelpPage Getting Started - Audacity Manual, localHelpPage C:\Program Files\audacity\help\manual\quick_help.html

Was there an event at your crash, that is, it crashed right after you did an Audacity upgarade? Was this right after one of those famous Windows updates?

On the video forums, whenever someone says they didn’t change anything and it just stopped working, it’s almost always they filled up their internal drive.

Do you use an external, USB, home network, internet, or cloud drive? Audacity doesn’t like that very much. Do all your production on the internal drive and then, after you close Audacity, you can move stuff to external storage.

Koz

The storage is not the issue. It may be due to a Windows update. If that is the case, what steps do I take from here?

Disconnect the network/WiFi during production.

Stop using Windows. There have been several forum postings from people having Windows management problems. It’s like they were written by the Apple advertising team.

One posting claimed that Windows provides settings and adjustments to prevent this and they didn’t work. Jury’s out. I don’t know.

Post back what you find.

Koz

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.